Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Street Style, Washington D.C. Spring 2011


Not only did I go to Maine, but I also found myself in D.C. last week attending, presenting, and selling comics at AATA national conference.  It was my first time presenting at the national conference and my first time ever selling comics, both experiences caused me to be excited and nervous at the same time.  Below are some shots of my wares.  I made a "kit and kaboodle" kit, which included 5 art therapy themed comics.  I was so happy when I sold out of these.  I think the best part of the experience was seeing people read the comic and hearing how they relate to them.  It reaffirmed for me that what I thought were personal feelings, thoughts, and questions are really universal and relatable to most.  I am inspired to make more!   If you can't wait to get your hands on my goods, check out my etsy store.

I kept reminding myself to not focus on sales, but to be proud of the fact that I made it to this point.  Two years ago when I started this series, I never knew where it would take me...I still don't, but I am enjoying the journey.

Another first in D.C. was seeing some killer style.  I always associated D.C. with suits and was surprised to see some girls walking around with a sense of style worthy of this blog (I kid, I kid more like worthy of Sartorialist).  Friends and I went for a marathon walk around the Mall and other monuments.  I saw the above number while visiting the Lincoln Memorial.  The wearer was speaking french and apparently has a thing for stripes and bows.  



out of focus...sorry.  I was so excited when I had my first sale that I took a picture of me and my amazing first customer (recent SAIC grad)

No comments:

Post a Comment