Friday, June 24, 2011

Street Style, Chicago Spring 2011


I am officially on vacation.  Wahoo!  I did so much art prep, so I didn't have to worry about my blog and so I was ready to sell comics at a conference that I don't know if I have the energy to make art on my vacation, which is what I have been dreaming about for weeks.  

And if you are wondering, yes I really saw a woman with this many (plus some) blow up pool toys walking around by the lake trying to sell them.  I can't even imagine having non-breathable plastic touching my skin for hours.  It was an amazing site.  If only she was a hipster, it could of been a performance piece. 

And for your ever expanding art mind....



These images come from installations done by Jason Hackenwerth who's medium of choice is balloons.  I wonder if he is for hirer for a kid's party, he would make amazing party hats.  Gives you a Dale Chihuly feel, right?  Also makes me think if you buy one of his pieces and a balloon pops does he come by and replace it?  Jason please leave a comment we are all dying to know....maybe I can introduce you to the balloon-selling lady by the lake and you can design a way for her to carry her wears.

No comments:

Post a Comment