Monday, April 4, 2011

I want the world...

But I want it now.  This past week I have been organizing and getting images ready to put on my non existent, but soon to be website. 

I soon became frustrated when I was attempting to redraw a comic of me running.  The whole process reminded me of being little and attempting to copy and draw Jughead, from an Archie comic.   No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the face right. I felt like a failure. I was pissed at my lack of skill and angry that I would have to practice to get better.

I bring it up not to say how far I have come but how far I still have to go. This feeling of knowing where I want to go, but not having the skill to get there reminds me of a comic I made when I first started working as a therapist.



I hate the process of getting better, the work it takes to get where you want to be. Hearing that voice in your head that is dissapointed and expects more.

Ok enough whining I have to go figure out how to draw a figure running.

No comments:

Post a Comment